Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tazzyopz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2011
Hello, I'm having trouble with my hackintosh I can't seem to get audio to work. When I go to system Preferences nothing is grayed out I can toggle with stuff but There is no sound. I looked up on the Gigabyte website what kind of drivers/Codec I use and here is the Codec audio it says it uses: (Realtek ALC888 codec)

I'm not really sure on how to install this driver/codec but I was looking some things up on google and alot of people are saying I will need to uninstall the audio kexts that were manually installed already when I loaded Mac OS X on my machine. I guess even though I don't have sound people were saying sense I can toggle with the audio in system Preferences That there is in fact an audio driver installed It's just that it wont work/Isn't the right one.

So if anyone knows how I can uninstall the false audio kexts and reinstall the new one (Realtek ALC888 Codec) It would be highly appreciated. As everything else is running perfectly on my hackintosh. Audio is the only set back.

Here is the link to my Motherboard specifications:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3269#sp

tazzyopz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2011
look over at the insanely mac forums

there are programs that manually install kexts but you need the right ones for it to work

Hey, thanks for the reply. How do I know what the right ones are though? And do you know how to uninstall kexts?

Thanks, Tazzy:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.