Hackintosh compatible notebooks.

Discussion in 'Alternatives to Mac Hardware' started by nbritton, Oct 29, 2016.

1. nbritton, Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2016

nbritton macrumors regular

So I'm very disappointed with the new MBP. Can anyone recommend a Hackintosh compatible notebook with the following:

32GB user-replaceable Memory.
    Samsung NVMe SSD M.2.
    UHS-II SD Card Reader.
    USB Type-A Ports.

2. macintoshmac macrumors 68030

macintoshmac

There are other forums out there for your specific need. I don't know if I am allowed to suggest. Since you know the term, I am sure you can google it and this is not the right forum for that kind of help. Over there, you will get help with everything from building it up to running it. The only thing you will have to do yourself is pay for it. ;)

3. robo456 macrumors 6502

robo456

Maybe he should ask Tony about mac on a x86... :cool:

--rob

4. macintoshmac macrumors 68030

macintoshmac

I thought about telling him about Tony, didn't know if rules here allowed me to talk about superpowers Tony brings.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Check out insanelymac or tonymacx86 Both of those sites cater to the hackintosh group and will have specifics to what will or will not work

6. macintoshmac macrumors 68030

macintoshmac

And there it is, straight from MR's mouth. That answers the rules question. :D

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its a gray area ;)

To be honest, I've created a hackintosh back in the day, and I use InsanelyMac's forums. Its not something that we talk about alot here in MR, so while we don't like driving traffic offsite, that is usually frowned upon, this is one of those instances where the topic is better handled elsewhere

8. macintoshmac macrumors 68030

macintoshmac

True. Totally true. This is not the right forum for discussing hackintoshes. And yes, my foray into the Apple world was with a hackintosh. It cost me exactly 25% of the cost of the MBP. 5 years later, I was the owner of a Late 2011 MBP 15. Hacks are a great cost-effective way for a lot of people out there to experience the Mac powerfully with all ports intact and nothing to crib about. :D