hackintosh installation issue

Discussion in 'macOS' started by adi.shoukat, Jan 5, 2010.

1. adi.shoukat macrumors newbie

Jan 5, 2010
  2. Hellhammer Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Try booting in verbose mode (type -v I guess). Anyway, InsanelyMac is much better place for hackintosh help
  3. adi.shoukat thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 5, 2010
    I've tried verbose mode .. But it isn't working ..
    please tell me if you have any other solution ... and thanks for sending the link
  4. illy123 macrumors member

Jan 1, 2010
    Try booting in safe mode (-x flag)

What kind of hardware have you got and what was your install method? Also is this Snow Leo? Try booting in 32 bit mode (arch=i386)
  5. adi.shoukat thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 5, 2010
    Here are my System Hardware Details:
    System Summary:
  6. adi.shoukat thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 5, 2010

Please tell me how to boot in 32bit mode?
    I am new with Hackintosh or with it's installation .. I don't even know what do you mean by (arch=i386) ?? :(
  7. adi.shoukat thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 5, 2010
    No this is Leopard
    Being Specific it's:
    iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Intel AMD SSE2 SSE3
  8. Winni macrumors 68030

Oct 15, 2008
    In the foler /Extra on both your Hackintosh installation medium -and- on the installed Hackintosh system should be a file named com.boot.plist (or something similar, I don't know it by heart) in which you can define all the kernel flags. You will want to add "-v -arch=386" in ONE line in the appropriate field. Just search on insanelymac.com for more detailed info.

However, if this is really a Pentium 4 CPU on your system, then it is unsupported and you will probably require a patched kernel - the out-of-the-box (or "vanilla") kernel on the original Snow Leopard/Leopard/Tiger DVD will -not- work with certain Intel CPUs like Celeron and older Pentium CPUs. It only supports Core Solors, Core Duos, Core 2 Duos and Xeons.

There's a tool called "myHack" available somewhere on the Internet that can prepare your installation USB stick (preferred method) properly. However, this tool requires an already running version of Mac OS X - it won't work on Windows or Linux.

When I turned my Dell XPS M1530 into a Hackintosh, I needed to delete certain original Apple kernel extensions because they crashed the machine during installation. The worst culprit was Apple's own IOATAFamily.kext. When I put a modified ATA driver in /Extra, everything worked.

Setting up a Hackintosh can easily consume three days of fulltime work - and that's when you are an experienced administrator who's setup a lot of systems, including Unix/Linux machines, before. So you'll need a lot patience but you'll get there eventually. It will be a lot easier when you use a machine that is very similar to Apple's own hardware configurations. After all, Apple only uses commodity hardware in their Macs; in the inside, they're just regular PCs.

Good luck! :)
  9. adi.shoukat thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 5, 2010
    When I start my CPU it asks
    Press <F4> If the change is Expected
    Press <F9> If the change is not Expected

I press <F4> and then the system is just hang!!
    OS doesn't starts ... please guide me how can i access the folder /Extra ??

My Friend had installed MAC from the same DVD on his Pentium 4 machine. I don't think it's an issue of compatibility with P4.
    I can't even think about it ... My MAC isn't starting up :(
    I hadn't installed any of Apple's drivers .... I made it sure while installing The OS
    I am ready to spend 3 days ... but i really need it .. I am not an experienced administrator and this is why I am here to seek help from people like you ... :)

10. adi.shoukat thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 5, 2010
    Now I am one step ahead ... :)
    Because Now I am facing a new problem ... :(

Now after the OS tries to load some time it shows a text on the screen which says something like:
    "Please contact the Voodoo Kernel dev-team with a photo of the information
    printed below, along with a description of your system configuration and
    what you were doing at the time that the kernel panic occurred. We
    apologize for the inconvenience.

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x00136372): "thread_invoke: preemption level 2\n"@/VoodooKernal/xnu-1228.7.58/osfmk/kern/sched_prim.c:1435
    Debugger called: <panic>

I know it's a case of Kernal Panic ... but i don't know what does it mean and how to fix it ?? :(
    please help me :(