Hackintosh question/s

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MacKenzie999, Dec 10, 2009.

1. MacKenzie999 macrumors regular

First of all, is there a better forum I could be posting a hackintosh question in?

Anyway, the real question: I am building a hackintosh from a Dell Mini10v. One of the steps involves booting the mini from an 8gb USB flash drive. Could I use an 8gb compact flash card inside a usb card reader instead? I ask because I'd have little further use for a regular flash drive but could always re-use another CF card for my camera.

Thanks!

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

InsanelyMac.com

3. newdeal macrumors 68020

best two sites are insanelymac.com and mydellmini.com with the second being dedicated to dell minis and having a large number of people providing info on hackintoshing. I cant see any reason why you couldnt use a card in an adaptor but no matter what you use it wont be bootable right away there are steps you have to take to make it bootable

4. Bear Hunter macrumors 6502a

Bear Hunter

Since your new and you specifically stated you want to do this on a 10v, just go here:

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/mac-os-x/

If you go anywhere else your just going to be confused since they deal with other platforms as well...and no they are not all hacked the same way. Do you see what I'm getting at?

Follow the guides on mydellmini only. That's the only place your going to get up to date info for the 10v.