HACKINTOSH - Updated to 10.6.6 now graphics are slow PLEASE HELP :(

Discussion in 'macOS' started by adamran, Jan 15, 2011.

1. adamran macrumors member

I installed iAtkos v3 on my machine, all was fine, I think it installed nvenabler.kext, I updated 10.6.6 and all the graphics are slow, if I try to open angry birds it says I don't have OpenGL installed, I have tried reinstalling nvanabler.kext with kext helper but to no avail! Im real new to osx so find it hard to understand some stuff.

I have a nVidia 8800 GTS graphics card.

Please help guys :)

2. snberk103 macrumors 603

You're better off going to a hackintosh site. This place is filled 99% with people running OS X on Apple hardware. You have just found out why Apple doesn't support OS X on non-Apple HW. Wish I could help, but all I can do is point you to a place with a better chance of having answers.

3. lewdvig macrumors 65816

Yeah, it could be one of a million things so you will need to find people with similar issues and work your way through to a solution.

Hackintosh is all about sweat equity.

4. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

If you have your mac model set to anything other than MacPro 3,1 then make sure you move the AppleGraphicsPowerMangement.kext out of the way. Secondly get rid of that nvenabler and use a recent version of Chameleon with the GraphicsEnabler Yes key/string pair in your com.apple.Boot.plist, that card should be fully supported. Third give the insanelymac.com a try when posting there include your full system specifications, the method you used to install and steps taken already to try to solve the problem. BTW since OS X works on your machine already you may want to buy the Snow Leopard disk and do a retail disk install then you will know exactly what was put on your machine and can get better support for it from people trying to help.