Hackintosh: Vmware on vista

Discussion in 'macOS' started by waloshin, Dec 15, 2008.

1. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Sorry, if this isn't the hackintosh forum, Is it just me or is the new update 10.5.6 stop the hackintosh users. After it restarts I get an error saying * Virtual Machine kernal fault (hardware result)

The virtual machine just suffered a stack fault in kernal mode. On, a real computer this would amlount to a restart of the processor...

[​IMG]

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

There is no Hackintosh forum because we don't help people with their Hackintoshes. Yes, the update would probably stop you. Obviously. Wait a couple of weeks for a new disk image to be created. As long as you have actually purchased a copy of Leopard, I allow you to go download that.

3. priller macrumors regular

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

you know we can talk about hackintoshes. im sure youve seen the threads. arn does not disallow it so please stop saying we cant talk about it ok

look here
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=432594

or more notably, here
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=4958453&postcount=6

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I've seen "The Merged Hackintosh Thread".

So what's the policy now, we can talk about them and help people with problems on them, but if we get to the "Where do I go to get the OS"/"How do I install it"/"Where do I buy one" level, we stop because that falls under the illegal software clause of the forum rules?

Just want to clarify so I know what to say in the future.

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

see the second link in my previous post as its arn's response

macrumors doesnt enforce eulas so any talk on how to install, troubleshooting should be ok. however, links to get osx is whats not allowed as thats delving into piracy

i know a lot of hackintosh users use retail dvd so they are soley breaking eulas and not engaging in piracy

7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Cool. That's pretty much what I thought. Thanks!

8. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

no problem!

to the op, yea even with the boot-132 method, 10.5.6 isnt a flawless update. i am reading about how on this update, apple is using a dsdt check that hackintoshes cant pass as its not authenitc. so you will have to patch that issue