Hacktivate & Jailbreakme.com?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by HeatherA, Aug 2, 2010.

1. HeatherA macrumors 6502

HeatherA

I just read through all 560+ posts in the jailbreakme.com thread and didn't see this answered so I'm breaking it out as it might be unique.

Is there a way to hactivate using the jailbreakme.com jailbreak? I'm on a jailbroken/unlocked 3.12 and would love to upgrade to 4.01 but I'm not sure if I can hactivate it. I use my phone on TMO and do not have an active AT&T sim to use to activate with.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out :)

P.S. any worries in going from the old bootrom to the new one when doing an official upgrade through iTunes to use the new site?

2. Kayan macrumors 6502

3. HeatherA thread starter macrumors 6502

HeatherA

Thank you!

4. jds17j macrumors newbie

5. HeatherA thread starter macrumors 6502

HeatherA

I do have an old ATT sim... but it's not active on ATT any longer. Would it still work?

6. j3ts83 macrumors newbie

it should, why don't you just try it? lol

7. HeatherA thread starter macrumors 6502

HeatherA

Because the thought of being without a working iPhone sends me into a panic. Hahaha... I'm just a slight bit addicted to the damn thing. *grin*

The last time I unlocked and jailbroke it I was still with ATT so this wasn't an issue for me. I just want to make sure I don't make a wrong step this time.

8. SteveRSNLT macrumors newbie

You're screwed, don't even try . . . you'll brick your phone and you can't have mine ;)

9. jds17j macrumors newbie

Yes. I just used an old AT&T sim after restoring to 4.0.1 on my 3GS and it worked fine. Then just remove it and go to the jailbreakme.com site via safari. After this open cydia and install ultrasn0w as long as it's not an iPhone4.

10. HeatherA thread starter macrumors 6502

HeatherA

OH hush!

11. HeatherA thread starter macrumors 6502

HeatherA

That's fantastic! Thank you. I have always thought I needed an active ATT sim to activate. I may just bite the bullet and finally attempt to upgrade to IOS 4. I'm off to back up my Cydia apps ;-)

12. HeatherA thread starter macrumors 6502

HeatherA

Thanks for the tips, I upgraded both my and my daughter's iPhones last night using our old ATT sim. Very happy and the jailbreakme.com was the easiest upgrade I've ever done.