Hacktivation SAM upgrade issues

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by urielgolab, Jan 25, 2012.

1. urielgolab, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012

urielgolab macrumors newbie

I everyone there!

My phone is not turning on and its driving me totally crazy.
    Ive been using the iPhone4 fw iOS 5.0.1 unlocked via ultrasnow (bb 00.01.59), working great.

SAM was installed on the phone to enable push notifications on hacktivated phones.

Yesterdey ive updated SAM and SAMPref from Cydia and that made the phone wont turn on again.
    First, i had to reset springboard and then the phone stucked on apple logo.
    Then it cant turn on again. It gets stucked on the logo and finally it totally turn off.

I would re jailbreak it, but i cant either connect to the mac. iTunes is not recognizing it.

Anybody can guide me throw this problem?

ps: sometimes i hear the speaker common sounds like phone locking, email received, so it make me think that its a problem with springboard, but as i said, i cant get it connected to the mac.

Thank you and sorry for my poor english, im so nervous that even thing how to write better.

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Charge it up

put it in pwned-DFU mode with redsn0w

alt-Restore with your cutsom ipsw to preserve BB through itunes and rejailbreak with redsn0w

you don't need sam's anymore to activate push, leave it uninstalled!

3. urielgolab thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the quick answer.

I definitely would do that, but im currently not sure when the phone is totally turned off, as redsnow advice before put it in pwned mode.
    Most of the time phone screen is off, but sometimes it keep playing sounds like new mail received (autosended by me) or lock/unlock home screen sound.

If i get to the pwned mode correctly, surely would put the firmware again.

And after all, i needed SAM to activate push notifications. That worked well for me.

How would i know when the phone is really off?

4. urielgolab, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012

urielgolab thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey!! after pushing both home and sleep buttons, phone restarted well and turned on passing the Springboard screen ok.

Now it seems to be a little lacked on processing.
    You told me to remove SAM and i would like to do that before restarting it again, but are you sure its not going to disable the push notifications?

SAM was the only tweek that made them work after jailbreaking, so it was almost that important as ultrasnow is for me.

I really hate to have a locked phone, but when i bought it, iphone4 was just released to the market and apple wasnt selling factory unlocked phones, so i'd bought it on ebay.

5. PhazeII macrumors member

Hope you have SHSH blobs saved.

I would try IFaith, it has a built in DFU Pwner.

6. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Sam was needed for the early 4+ JB.

On 5+ you don't need SAM.

Push works out of the box.

I have 1.59.0 as well, no need for SAM, all my push works correctly.