iPhone Hackyouriphone repo just magically showed up in my cydia sources

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Averna00175, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Averna00175 macrumors member

Somehow I don't know how I never added anything today other than updated springtomize3 now i have this gobblygook that I can't delete.
    Help###
    Had to delete biteyourapple, which I like, and I want it back, those bastards

2. IndianBird macrumors 6502a

Weird. I updated too and I don't have this issue.

3. Averna00175 thread starter macrumors member

It's baffling and I can't find the list oft sources in ifile to manually delete

Attached Files:

4. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

remove all piracy sources then talk to me again
    GL, prob will need to make fresh cydia

6. FLYING SE7EN macrumors regular

FLYING SE7EN

Happened to me too. Restored and re-jailbroken. Lesson learned. Sticking to only legit repos from now on.

7. Averna00175 thread starter macrumors member

For the piracy comments- I PAY FOR ALL MY TWEAKS. However due to having an issue that forced me to restore my phone from a PAYED tweak on my iPhone 4S which then left me unable to rejailbreak for 6 months I try a copy of a new tweak (IE: ikeywi2) and should I like it or not have an issue with it I uninstall said copy and reinstall after paying. This way I don't have to go asking for my couple of bucks back
    Anyone else with a smart ass comment? Or can I maybe get done legitimate help?

----------

I don't think so, only recent package was the springtimize 3 update
    --a payed for package from Big boss

8. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Just for the record: I always backup the DEB installers from /var/cache/apt/archives/ . This way, I can easily avoid the problem of a commercial app I've paid for being removed from Cydia - I just reinstall it from my local cache and don't have to install a cracked version.

This has helped me several times; for example, after Skype Call Recorder's (which, back in 05/2012, I paid $6.99 USD for) removal from Cydia.

9. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

there is always one or two of those 'piracy' reply'ers...they must be saints.

10. Averna00175 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah well, some people have never used Napster, or recorded music off the radio.
    I always support the debs, even donate to some paypal accounts for those whose work I use.
    I simply asked for advice on how to delete an unsolicited source- modern version of Jehovah witnesses.
    I just can't help but appreciate someone who's never used or heard of Napster taking a precious 5 minutes out of there life to start preaching to me like I'm a whore in church rather than proactively using those 5 minutes to help someone. Not like I was asking for a kidney or his last chease stick.
    That damn source is still there though if anyone does have a kidney to spare. Lol

----------

Lol- yeah, same people at work that rat you out for a smoke break or taking a few minutes too long to use the head.
    Like they've never had a hard time pinching a loaf

----------

Lol- yeah, same people at work that rat you out for a smoke break or taking a few minutes too long to use the head.
    Like they've never had a hard time pinching a loaf

11. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

I'm afraid that's not a valid reason to use pirated apps/tweaks. Your post would be deleted and this thread locked if it were on the iPhone Forums site.

Any use of a piracy repo, for whatever reason, is theft.

12. Averna00175 thread starter macrumors member

Wow .... Did you not read this entire thread?????

A PIRACY REPO FOUND ITSELF ONTO MY CYDIA SOURCE, THROUGH AN UPDATED TWEAK OFF OF BIGBOSS (is that piracy?)
    I AM TRYING TO DELETE THE AFOREMENTIONED PIRACY SOURCE.
    -THIS IS NOT THE IPHONE FORMUS SITE
    -I AM NOT JESUS AND NOR ARE YOU ( if you were you would offer GOOD advice and try to help)
    - please for all of our sakes if you can't help constructively don't bother
    - if you have NEVER copied music or recorded a tv show you have no right to say a thing. You don't know anything about me or the fact that as mentioned above I pay for my CYDIA apps and furthermore donate to debs without being solicited. Your useless comments are just as constructive as the able bodies people I contend with daily that Park in handicap parking spAces.

Next time you need help I will make sure to accuse you of something you did not do while offering zero good advice.

----------

You know **** it, **** this, and **** everything to do with this ****
    Y'all perfect mother****ers have a good one.
    One of these ****ing days all of y'all holier than thouo mother****ers are gonna need something from some evil bastard like me and I hope they tell y'all to go **** yourselves.

13. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

Yes, I did, and the very first post contains a piracy repo "that you liked". If you don't use piracy repos you won't have problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.