Had a 3gs now using a 2g iPhone...unable to active sim

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iroxtar, Aug 3, 2010.

1. iroxtar macrumors member

I started with a 3gs, had everything activated with ATT including the $30 data plan. Im on a family plan with an employee discount on my account.

For some unfortunate reason, I had to sel my 3GS. My friend had an old 2g iphone that he was willing to lend me for the time being.

I inserted my sim card that I removed from my 3gs before I sold it and when itunes opened up I attempted to activate it and ran into a problem.

Itunes stated
    "Not Eligible For Service Discounts Wireless Service for your iPhone is not eligible for any service discount available through your employer's agreement with AT&T. Any suchdiscount will cease when you activate your iPhone. Click Continue to remove your service discount and activateyour iPhone on this account now. You can also click Cancel and activate your iPhone with a new account."

Am I correct in assuming that the only way I can activate this with my current sim is to let go/cancel my employee discount? (that would suck!!)

Is there any way I can just activate my current sim and continue using this iphone 2g w/my current $30 iphone data plan?

Hope I made sense and I will greatly GREATLY appreciate any info that might help.

thanks in advance for any comments :)

2. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Might give AT&T a call. I had an employer discount at one point that wouldn't cover the 2g iPhone (though it covered any other phone), so they DO exist--but it makes no sense for that to be an issue here if you had a discount with the 3GS previously.