Had a complete iCloud meltdown

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by MacrumoursUser, Jul 9, 2015.

1. MacrumoursUser macrumors 6502

MacrumoursUser

Out of the blue i received an email that my iPhone was removed from trusted devices. WTF? How? Who? Then Keychain started asking approval.

Then FaceTime and iMessage went bananas and my phone number disapeared from both. I wasted almost two hours to get everything back to a perfect setup it was before.

**** YOU APPLE.

2. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Cloud Services like Mobile Me, the predecessor to iCloud have always been a problem for Apple. Mobile Me was such a debacle even the always right, never wrong Steve Jobs admitted it was an epic failure. iCloud does seem a bit better, yet despite my willingness to embrace it, the number of bugs and annoyances render it too risky to use for my mission critical work.

Luckily Google provides world class cloud services. Given all the individuals and businesses that use it, extends its usefulness even more. Sharing data is a big part of my daily work & personal computing, Googles ease of use and vast reach make iCloud irrelevant for my purposes.

Perhaps at some point in the future, Apple will take iCloud seriously, hire some experts and get it sorted out. That'd be very refreshing.