Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
wats up with that finder bug where the network folder shows up as a normal folder icon and the network sidebar icon shows an eject button now after a fresh boot? has leopard fixed this?

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
FWIW, Spaces enhances the way I work with my computer in as fundamental, refreshing, and progressive a way as Exposé did. In fact, to me it seems as if Spaces is Exposé for Exposé :)

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
i know what you mean. hopefully we won't have this problem with Leopard
Same here. It's weird how my PB whoops my wife's MB when using the Finder.
FWIW, Spaces enhances the way I work with my computer in as fundamental, refreshing, and progressive a way as Exposé did. In fact, to me it seems as if Spaces is Exposé for Exposé :)
I'm really looking forward to using it since I always want Mail open and get tired of closing the window just to use Safari on my 12" PB

swindmill

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2005
KY
It amazes me when people claim that there are not significant changes in 10.5. Just to mention a few things off the top of my head: Finder has been given an overhaul; Time Machine; Spaces; Mail and Preview enhancements; Safari 3; significant cosmetic enhancements; and all the under the hood enhancements and additions that I, and apparently you, do not comprehend. The fact that you may not want to use these features is of zero significance.

thesdx

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2007
It amazes me when people claim that there are not significant changes in 10.5. Just to mention a few things off the top of my head: Finder has been given an overhaul; Time Machine; Spaces; Mail and Preview enhancements; Safari 3; significant cosmetic enhancements; and all the under the hood enhancements and additions that I, and apparently you, do not comprehend. The fact that you may not want to use these features is of zero significance.

I agree. Naysayers are constantly whining about how they hate the new dock, think Leopard is only cosmetically changed, and has no "groundbreaking" features. Leopard is a huge overhaul of OS X, and, IMHO, is going to be the best OS ever made. I'll be grabbing my copy of Leopard on the 26th. :apple:

Retired
May 16, 2006
I agree. Naysayers are constantly whining about how they hate the new dock, think Leopard is only cosmetically changed, and has no "groundbreaking" features. Leopard is a huge overhaul of OS X, and, IMHO, is going to be the best OS ever made. I'll be grabbing my copy of Leopard on the 26th. :apple:
I'm getting mine ASAP too, due to the many great updates...but I'm not a fan of the new dock...as an avid Quicksilver user, my dock is nice to have for a few reasons at a small scale on autohide on the left, with a bit of magnification. Unfortunately this is not looking so good right now, and there is no option...

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
bump... does anyone know? i hate it so bloody annoying. guess ill have to wait until i upgrade

You have a problem with the icon? Just the icon? No functionality problems? Sounds like an isolated problem to me, but I can't verify. Sounds a bit too detailed to have anyone know this at the moment. But I'll just go ahead and say it is fixed. Have a good day!

Multimedia

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2001
Santa Cruz CA, Silicon Beach
Tiger Network Icon Has Eject Button Next To It. So What?

wats up with that finder bug where the network folder shows up as a normal folder icon and the network sidebar icon shows an eject button now after a fresh boot? has leopard fixed this?
In Tiger my network icon has an eject button next to it. It's to disconnect all mounted networked drives at once isn't it? That doesn't look like a bug to me. Who cares if it looks like a folder?

CubeHacker

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2003
Does anyone know if the resolution independent UI has made it in? It was supposed to be one of the features, but I have not heard anything about it in a while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.