Had an iPhone, sold it, using BB Pearl!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sleepyyet, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Sleepyyet macrumors member

OK, I need a suggestion, I had a V1 iPhone, sold it a few months back and am using the BB pearl. The iPhone package was removed from my account, however, ATT still does see that I indeed had purchased and used it before. Now, my question, if I were to get a v1 iPhone, and activate it before Friday, will I then be upgrade eligible as I am only "early upgrade" eligible now. It's a quick way to save $200. Will ATT honor this? Thanks All

Sleepydoc

2. raptorhigh macrumors member

That is exactly what I ended up doing. Right after activating the iPhone (yesterday) in itunes, the system showed that I was upgrade eligible. It seems like a pretty big loophole, as I bought the used iPhone for $175 and it'll have at least a little retail value after the 11th.

3. Sleepyyet thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. I plan to do this also. It saves $200. And its a way to recoup some of the money we will all be losing from the 3G iPhone.

4. Sleepyyet thread starter macrumors member

Do I just take my old sim card from the Pearl and put it in the iphone will it still activate or do I need a new SIM card?

5. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

The iPhone 3G comes with a SIM card in it that you will activate and transfer through iTunes I believe, so a new one will not be needed.

6. Sleepyyet thread starter macrumors member

Sorry. I was wondering if I can take my SIM card out of my blackberry PEARL currently and insert it into my v1 iPhone and just go through itunes and reactivate before July 11th or do I need to go to a corporate store and purchase a new SIM card since the card in my blackberry would seem not to be compatable with v1 iphone?

7. TXCraig macrumors 6502a

TXCraig

I have to ask, why did you get rid of the phone in the 1st place? If you didn't like version one, why would you like a version 2? I guess the next question would be- did you get a subsidized BB perl from AT&T?

8. TJ10 macrumors member

TJ10

I sold my iphone but my sister still has one so I'm thinking about just putting in my sim card in her iphone for a day and then get the discount for the iphone 3g

9. Sleepyyet thread starter macrumors member

I did like the v1 of the iPhone. As a business user, I thought the BB Pearl was a more logical choice. However, with the advent of v2 iPhone with 3G and Enterprise services, Im going to go back to the iPhone and yes, I did get a subsidized BB Pearl 8120 with Wifi. However, I just activated a v1 iPhone onto my business account and ATT now says Im eligible for the subsidized price of $199/$299 since I activated before July 11th, regardless of any past subsidies.

Sleepydoc