Had iOS 8 for weeks and the predictive keyboard hasn't learned how I type

amirite

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 17, 2009
Whereas I tried the Swype keyboard and it started learning quickly. Is this a bug?

amirite

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 17, 2009
I reset keyboard settings and now its instantly learning. I can't believe I've been missing out on this feature for so long! To all those who didn't do a fresh install. Check this feature is working.

I tested by typing "My name is xxx" several times in notes and then typing "My" and watching it complete the sentence.

----------

Maybe? I can often type full sentences with 13 taps on the keyboard :s
Damn I look forward to that.

----------

Does it adjust your style for the person you're talking to in third party apps too? Facebook messenger for example.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
Damn I look forward to that. Does it adjust your style for the person you're talking to in third party apps too? Facebook messenger for example.
I don't use Facebook messenger because its trash, but it works in snapchat and such, as far as I know the Apple keyboard is universal

amirite

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 17, 2009
But does it change the predictions based on the person? Like it does for email and messages.

sheppy1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2008
Think I was having the same issue too! Have been using it since before release and it never learned anything..Just reset the keyboard settings and now it seems to be learning!!! Thanks! :D