Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Had my first 'bug' today

twisted-pixel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2009
San Jose, CA
My watch has been working virtually flawlessly ever since I got it...

once, it seemed to get stuck on the blurred screen as a result of me swiping to delete a notification at exactly the same time as another one came in. Only solution was to reboot.

Then today, I had a strange one, where the watch would activate, but the second I touched the screen, it would turn off. Rotate wrist, or press the digital crown would turn it back on...but again, the moment I touched the screen it would turn off....I left it for a while, charged it for a while etc...but no..the only cure was a reboot.

Still..I've had it two months so it's doing better than my phone!!

KisonBY

macrumors member
May 26, 2015
Seen that happen once with my wife's sport 38mm (she had it since launch date, 4/24). Rebooted and the issue went away. Calling it a one-off glitch.

Comment

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
My watch has been working virtually flawlessly ever since I got it...

once, it seemed to get stuck on the blurred screen as a result of me swiping to delete a notification at exactly the same time as another one came in. Only solution was to reboot.

Then today, I had a strange one, where the watch would activate, but the second I touched the screen, it would turn off. Rotate wrist, or press the digital crown would turn it back on...but again, the moment I touched the screen it would turn off....I left it for a while, charged it for a while etc...but no..the only cure was a reboot.

Still..I've had it two months so it's doing better than my phone!!

I had the exact thing happen to me. I even posted a thread about my watch freaking out. It happened when I was changing the color on the chronometer face. After a reset it's been fine but I sure won't be changing the chronometer face color again.

Comment

clint-bell

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2015
I had a problem recently where I wasn't getting notifications about texts. I put this down to maybe because my iPhone was in close proximity. Anyone else experienced something similar to this?

Comment

Bigdog9586

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2015
I had a problem recently where I wasn't getting notifications about texts. I put this down to maybe because my iPhone was in close proximity. Anyone else experienced something similar to this?
If my phone is awake and I'm doing something else it won't pass on things as I guess it thinks I see the notes on the phone.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.