Had my macbook 5 years only used optical drive twice

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by appleater, Feb 24, 2011.

1. appleater macrumors member

First time was to install leopard, second time was to install snow leopard. When are they going to drop the optical drive and fill the space with something more useful? (like a bigger battery or a dedicated SSD for the OS for fast booting?)

2. TheHoff macrumors 6502

It seems like an easy swap out they could've done with this refresh but I think the thing holding them back is the slot on the side of the case. Since there were absolutely zero case changes with this refresh, they couldn't have a second version of each size case that doesn't have the slot on the right side. It wouldn't be very Appley to leave the slot there without an ODD.

3. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

I always burn movies so I find myself using it all the time. I hope they don't get rid of it :-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. appleater thread starter macrumors member

Where are you when you burn movies? At home? than buy a peripheral optical drive and do yourself a favour. Come on man optical drives are as dead. Sony just shut down one of their last dvd plants, doesn't that say something to you. You can fit movies on usb jump drives theses days and upload them into what ever device your going to watch them on.