Had to disable Siri

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FarNorth, Sep 18, 2016.

1. FarNorth macrumors regular

Could not get the phone to turn on. I have raise to wake and Touch ID enabled but it is hit and miss. Sometimes, the phone won't respond to my thumb print, stays locked. At that point, I depress the home button but that would bring up Siri. Very frustrating, finally disable Siri completely.

One of these days after the rush dies down, I'll go to an Apple Store and see if anything can be done.

For the record, I have a matte black iPhone 7, got it on Friday after pre-ordering from A T & T.

2. zerolight macrumors 6502

zerolight

--- Post Merged, Sep 18, 2016 ---
    If it doesn't recognise thumb print then lift it off and then touch it again. Don't press and hold, that's not gonna help, and will always bring up Siri. There's nothing wrong with your phone. Just practice. Press one to turn on (or raise to wake) then release pressure and leave finger there. Not recognised? Lift off an touch again, no pressing this time.

You can increase print accuracy by recording more than one print from same finger (I have one when my thumb is a little oily and another when it is squeaky clean).

3. FarNorth thread starter macrumors regular

That's an interesting suggestion, I'll try that.