Had To Let Go Of Bluetooth

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by bigmikeinnj, Jan 30, 2015.

1. bigmikeinnj, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015

bigmikeinnj macrumors regular

bigmikeinnj

Have a early 2011 27 inch iMac. Love it. Was the rock of stability and ease of use you always expect from Apple, like since I started using Macs in 1992, the day I retired from IBM. Yeah I'm a fan.

But I decided to jump on the Yosemite train with a couple of the Betas and started having problems. Then when the official release came out same thing - I could not use wifi to my always faithful HP B210 printer, slow sometimes non responsive internet and most aggravating: wireless keyboard and trackpad performance dropped like a brick. After a lot of horsing around I took my iMac and Time Capsule to The Genius Bar, the Freehold NJ Apple Store always gets my props !! Got one of their sharpest guys to help me restore Mavericks from my Time Capsule backup of 11/03/13. This young man named Lennon was one sharp and humble guy. Thanks kid.

And then everything was peachy for about 45 days until Apple released a Security Update on 12/22/14... Anyone else familiar with that one ?? Boy all of a sudden all my bluetooth issues are back in spades. Pages not opening and being saved to the side of the screen, drop down menus opening in mid post, you name it. There was another Safari and Secuirty update earlier this week - but that did not take care of my persistent bluetooth issues. So yesterday I broke down, bought a wired keyboard and mouse at the same Apple Store and installed all that in place of my former trusty wireless gear. You know what, not one single burp or glitch since, perfect performance. I've really tried testing it opening multiple windows, posting tunes from YouTube on Facebook, all the stuff that would not go. Write and send emails, search for and attach photos from an old Olympus app, stuff any normal person would take for granted now suddenly work again.

So my point is... Apple, seems like you are pushing out a lot of cool tech product but dropping the ball A LOT and releasing software with a lot of problems. Heck my iMac is hardly 4 years old and your blutetooth software is tuned for what, the newer iMacs ?? You can't take the time to test out what you are releasing ??? I'm scared silly to ever upgrade to Yosemite. Mr. Cook, next time you demo a new software release on stage, can you do it on an older iMac so some of us ALL MAC ALL THE TIME folks that have been loyally buying for more than 20 years feel safe your stuff isn't gonna bring their computing experience down to something like a old pos Windows system ??

Thanks for letting me rant. And again props to all the kids in the Apple Store out near me, what a great crew !!

and ps: anyone that knows me knows I'm not shouting, thought I could have good reason to, I post in BOLD because I'm legally blind and it's how I check what I post

2. bigmikeinnj, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015

bigmikeinnj thread starter macrumors regular

bigmikeinnj

Well, three weeks today since I went back to a wired keyboard and mouse. Gotta say I do not miss at all the weird things, the hangups and need to constantly reboot or shutdown and restart. Three weeks not one single burp. Run from first thing in the morning when I wake up to bed time with no issues.

Yeah I miss the forward and backward swipe of the trackpad, but not that much. Love that my iMac is now stable and works.