Had to restore iPhone second time in 2 weeks!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iHeartsteve, Feb 24, 2012.

1. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I updated the iOS on my iPhone 4 3 weeks ago. Every since then, every thing goes wrong. None of the apps even open! Restored it 2 weeks ago and had to do it again today!

Do I need new phone? What is going on? This is really inconvenient restoring it every other week.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

What do you mean, by “everything?” You state only that apps won’t open. Many times this can be resolved by deleting an app and then and downloading it again. Are you jailbroke? Any damage?

3. iHeartsteve thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I mean ALL apps won't open at all. I can only make phone calls. This happened twice, took it to apple store today and they said I had to do system restore.

Now they are working but this only happens for about a week then same thing happens.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I assume you don’t have damage.

Did you restore as new or from a backup? If from a backup, restore as new.

5. iHeartsteve thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

From new? They erased everything in apple store then I went home and synced my iPhone 4 w iTunes to get my contacts back.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Restore and “setup as new.” It sounds like you restored from a backup.

7. jekyoo macrumors 6502

Restoring your back up will bring back the problem. Like everyone suggested, a fresh set up needs to be done. Are contacts your only concern? If so, you can set your phone up as a new phone but then get your contacts afterwards.

8. iHeartsteve thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Ugh! Ok thanks everyone for your reply, I guess il be at the Mac store again. :mad: