Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rmercier

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2014
So, before installing the PB, I backed up to TM. I had Filevault enabled under Mavericks and decied to disable under the Yosemite PB. After a month of decrypting, I gave up and restored to Mavericks...and noticed Filevault is now disabled.

I was going to wait for the official Yosemite release but was unable to access my iTunes library since I updated to iTunes 12....

So I reinstalled Yosemite.

I have to say, I HATED Mavericks after being on Yosemite for over a month. One of the reasons? the CONSTANT "enter XXXXXX.com password" message for mail.

Overall, Yosemite is waaaay more enjoyable than mavericks. Mavericks seems aniquated in a way.

rmercier

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2014
It's all fixed now.

The issue was that, since i restored to mavericks, iTunes could not read my library since I updated to iTunes 12 while I was under Yosemite. So, I HAD to reinstall Yosemite (which I wanted to anyway) in order to read my iTunes library.

smokesletsgo

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2013
Totally agree with you. Not to mention i never liked Mavericks in the first place. Last beautiful Mac OS was Lion for me. ML was pretty good also i guess... But Yosemite is in horrible state atm, still needs a lot of exterior work, bug fixing, etc..

rmercier

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2014
Totally agree with you. Not to mention i never liked Mavericks in the first place. Last beautiful Mac OS was Lion for me. ML was pretty good also i guess... But Yosemite is in horrible state atm, still needs a lot of exterior work, bug fixing, etc..

I guess you don't get my point...I hated MAVERICKS after using Yosemite for a while. I used Mavericks again for a total of 2 hours and could not wait to get back to Yosemite

smokesletsgo

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2013
I guess you don't get my point...I hated MAVERICKS after using Yosemite for a while. I used Mavericks again for a total of 2 hours and could not wait to get back to Yosemite

I'm just saying its too buggy for now, though i agree it's better looking than any previous OS X, especially Mavericks.

rmercier

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2014
I'm just saying its too buggy for now, though i agree it's better looking than any previous OS X, especially Mavericks.

Sorry, my bad..gotcha. I have been using Yosemite as my main OS with no issues (other than that Filevault thingy, now resolved)...but that's just me.

vanc

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2007
My Mac mini is running Yosemite, while my MBP is on Mavericks. I'm not bothered by switching back and forth. Most of the time, my focus is on the software I'm using. Probably I'm getting old, losing interest to the eye candies. :eek:

JoelBaka

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2014
Agree! :D

I had the same thing about a week ago, Mavericks was horrifying. Yosemite works so much better on my macbook, way faster and just overall smoother ;)

grahamperrin

macrumors 601
Jun 8, 2007
Off-topic: Mail in Mavericks

OT from Yosemite

… Mavericks … CONSTANT "enter XXXXXX.com password" message for mail. …

That's not normal. For any reader who encounters that symptom: use Keychain Access. There may be an outdated password saved in an item for the affected e-mail server.

rmercier, please, did you attempt to use data from pre-release Yosemite with a released build of Mavericks?

Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X Mavericks (10.9)

kwren

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2012
Uninstall Mavericks?

I was using Lion, happy with it, and then a guy at a computer store told me I needed to upgrade to Mavericks.
Problems with contacts, calendar, just clunkiness.
Can I go back to Lion?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.