iPad Had to return iPad Air for battery problems already

Discussion in 'iPad' started by triple-tap, Nov 5, 2013.

1. triple-tap macrumors 6502

My iPad Air (bought from Target) was completely dead when I opened the box. I didn't think much of it, other than that is was weird that a product just released would already be completely out of battery life. I;ve never had that experience with an Apple product. But I brushed it off, and said oh well.

Then, after a complete charge (which took WAYYYYY too long imho), the iPad lasted for 3hr. 30minutes of light web browsing. I thought, "maybe the battery just needs to be calibrated.

I let it completely die... then charge it up completely full again. Again, 8% battery after 2hr. 55 minutes of usage and 6 hrs. on standby.

I was not a happy camper. I had to call Apple, cancel my Applecare+, then return the damn thing to Target. To top it off, they didn't have any replacements in stock. So I now have a Target gift card worth $507 (manager asked if that was ok, and I said sure b/c I assumed it would be as simple as me walking to the back of the store and getting another one). I don't blame Target for being out of stock. It is just frustrating to wait. So frustrating, in fact, that I may end up waiting for the iPad Mini w/ Retina or the PS4 (whichever is "in stock" first at Target).

All that to say this: check your battery life on the new iPad Airs you are all enjoying.

2. shadow puppet macrumors 6502

shadow puppet

Something doesn't sound right. Mine came fully charged or darn near close to it. My battery also seemed to take forever to begin running down.

3. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Sorry to hear. Out of 5 million devices, one is bound to be defective. But if you choose to re-buy, the battery on my Air is easily 2 hours better, if not more, than my iPad 3 which it replaced.

4. boobie12 macrumors 6502

My battery life is amazing. This thing won't die. Like just won't. I advise you to get a new One because I'm sure you had a defective one.

5. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

You could've also brought the iPad to an Apple store (if nearby) and probably walked out with a warranty replacement. Or arranged for a warranty swap over the phone. Given we're still less than a week into the release, the warranty repalcement nits are still new (not refurbs).

Anyway, enjoy your PS4.