Had Windows & working now it won't boot

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Rhittle, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Rhittle macrumors newbie

I made a colossal mistake. I bought a 2011 June release computer on Ebay and got it last night and began getting it set up for me. It has Lion 10.7.2 and 500 Gg hardrive. The previous owner had partiioned 100 gb and loaded Windows 7 on that partion and Lion on 400 gb. The instructions were that when I start up I press the option key and it will bring up the option to start Lion or Windows 7. I was trying to do multitasking last night and one of the things I was doing was backing up the Windows data. At the same time I was upgrading to Lion OS X 10.7.2. After more than an hour the upgrade was finshed and needed to retart. After the restart ( the backup hadn't finished and I had forgotten ) I didn't have the option anymore of Windows or Lion. I continued to the run the Mac side of the hardrive and the backing for Windows data continued. I thought after it finished, I would be able to restart and continue to be able to have the option. Instead, I get the option to start Mac, Recover HD or Bootcamp. When I go to bootcamp it says I need to either "restore from time machine backup, Reinstall Mac OS X or run Disk Utility. When I go to disk utility it shows two drives. Mac HD and Bootcamp. Below. It has disk 1 which say Mac OS X. Thats the only option that I am able to restore. But, my problem, I least I don't think, is the Mac OS X. Is that correct. Any advice would be appreciated.

----------

I should have said also that no disks came with the computer.

2. Rhittle thread starter macrumors newbie

After looking on the internet I've several articles about mac owners have Windows 7 and mac running fine until they upgrade to 10.7.2. Then they can't boot Windows 7 anymore. I'm still looking at how to fix it. Bootcamp won't let me work in it anymore. It only gives me the same option to download support files but nothing after that and won't let me continue on. I read that there are drivers to download but from what I can tell they need to be download while Windows is running????????????