Had you order cancelled? Post here!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Squeck, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Squeck macrumors newbie

Hello, I've received an email from Apple telling me that my iPad order would have been cancelled because there is a limit of iPads per customer.

Of course I had bought only one iPad and my smart cover had already been shipped.

@everybody who had their order cancelled:

1. Are you from the USA? Did you try to use one of those mail-forwarding services?
    2. Did you order a Smart Cover too? If yes, has it been shipped?
    3. Did you receive the cancellation email from Apple?
    4. What does your order status say? "Not yet shipped" or "Cancelled"?
    5. When was your iPad scheduled to arrive? 3-5 or 5-7 business days?

Thank you.

2. AlyMourad macrumors member

AlyMourad

yeah, i've had the same thing happen to me last night. order got cancelled as well. although i also bought one iPad and a smart cover.

1- No, from Egypt and i was using a package forwarding service. which i also used when i bought an iPhone 4 from apple UK online store months ago.
    2- Yes, i did. and it did ship.
    3- No, i haven't received a cancellation email.
    4- It says Cancelled.
    5- 5-7 business days.

One thing i found strange is that i reordered another iPad. of-course with the 3-4 weeks ship date. But this time i chose to pay using 2 credit-cards of mine and this time only, i immediately received 2 text messages on my mobile from the 2 banks that the money was withdrawn.

3. Squeck thread starter macrumors newbie

I received the cancellation email but my order hasn't been cancelled yet.

I'm going to call Apple as soon as the order status turns to "cancelled".

4. tsekh macrumors member

Perhaps quite a lot of people are using the same package forwarding service. As a result Apple received several dozens of order from the same address and canceled them all.

5. AlyMourad macrumors member

AlyMourad

could be. that service is pretty popular in the middle-east region.

although i'm sure alot of people used it when the iPhone 4 was on pre-order like me and yet i received the iPhone 4 without a single problem.

6. Squeck thread starter macrumors newbie

maybe, but the package forwarder i'm using is only usa to italy and it's not very popular.

i think that if there are 3 or more ipads delivered to the same address, an automatic system is triggered and cancels all the orders.

7. togo7 macrumors member