Hah! Apple's Black Friday Sales are Disappointing!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PaulWog, Nov 25, 2016.

1. PaulWog Suspended

For anyone interested in a 2015 Macbook Pro, $200 (or $150 USD) is not a bad gift card to get.

But I wanted to see how it looked in checkout.

They've already screwed up. The $200 gift card is added for an additional $200 to the cart total, and going to checkout details causes an error!

2. flyinmac macrumors 68040

flyinmac

You were expecting a free rebate from Apple?????

3. PaulWog thread starter Suspended

They just updated it. If you apply the education discount, you cannot receive the gift card. So basically, there's no sale at all for students.

4. Falcon80 macrumors 6502

They should have included the gift cards for all purchases and not just on the older products.

5. lauramayer macrumors regular

lauramayer

No new MacBooks?

6. mctrials23 macrumors 6502

And then have to give everyone who ordered a new MBP since launch a $200 voucher. I don't think they will have even considered that.

7. vipergts2207 macrumors 68000

vipergts2207

Anyone expecting a discount/gift card on brand new items which are still on back-order for people who pre-ordered is delusional.

8. SoyCapitanSoyCapitan macrumors 68040

SoyCapitanSoyCapitan

No deals on anything 'new'

9. LiemTa macrumors 6502

Of course not. This is just Apple cleaning house. A garage sale.

10. PaulWog thread starter Suspended

Apple is going to have a tough time cleaning house with all the new products they're making... new iPad size, tons of different colors in different iWatches, too many configurations and variations of this and that.

They need to go back to simple. Not "courage" levels of simple (the word for that level of simple is "dumb"). The proper, clean, refined kind of simple. As in, what Steve Jobs envisioned and did.

Apple used to use the word "Magic". Now they don't even hint at the word. They don't have it.

11. lauramayer macrumors regular

lauramayer

12. Apple 26.2 macrumors 6502a

Apple 26.2

Apple's never allowed the combining of education discounts with gift cards... same for military/government discounts.

This Black Friday sale is disappointing, but infinitely better than last year's.

13. mrex macrumors 68030

mrex

it is always the same with every items - "doesnt apply purchases made before..." ring a bell?

i dont know what is the problem here. if you order it today, a promotion or whatever start tomorrow, you are not eligible to get that.

14. vipergts2207 macrumors 68000

vipergts2207

Apple has no reason to offer promotions on something they can't even keep in stock as it is. Second, everyone who has received one is likely still within the return period, which means Apple would have people returning MBP's just to buy another one to get the gift card. And people who've ordered, but haven't received one yet could easily cancel and reorder.

15. mrex, Nov 26, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2016

mrex macrumors 68030

mrex

you can do it for everything and forever, not just for apple stuff... you can always cancel your order when the business launch a promotion on the next day, week or so.. whether is apple, ms, amazon, koolaid or whatever. apple isnt an exception here. it is your choice if you want to wait another month to get your order. there is always waiting return periods etc... i quess some are returning their stuuf right after xmas when the sales start on january :p

i placed my mbp order and getting in on 4.1.17 or so... so 14days return policy and if i see any discounts, i send it back! (not!)

and this debate is endless. people, who bought their laptops before bf and were still waiting them, could have done the same thing. it is not just new things, the same can be done with old stuff aswell.