Haha Thank God!

Sobering

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2006
Canada
Hey guys. Most of you know I've been sour about my iMac lately about the new updates coming soon, and now today that the updates came, I was a tad sad but I had learnt to appreciate my iMac anyway so I didn't care about the updates. Anyways, London Drugs (where I bought my iMac) called me and asked "Hello Sir, we understand you have recently purchased an iMac?" I respond "Yes" and he offers to send me an updated version plus give me some cash back! I was so happy!

So yeah, now in a week (whenever LD gets the new shipment) or so I will get my updated Mac free of charge!

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
Sobering said:
Hey guys. Most of you know I've been sour about my iMac lately about the new updates coming soon, and now today that the updates came, I was a tad sad but I had learnt to appreciate my iMac anyway so I didn't care about the updates. Anyways, London Drugs (where I bought my iMac) called me and asked "Hello Sir, we understand you have recently purchased an iMac?" I respond "Yes" and he offers to send me an updated version plus give me some cash back! I was so happy!

So yeah, now in a week (whenever LD gets the new shipment) or so I will get my updated Mac free of charge!
wow! awesome!

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
Sobering said:

W-O-W congratulations! what model are you getting? come back and tell us if you notice anything major (as in "its SOOO much faster than Core Duo")

Zwhaler

macrumors demi-god
Jun 10, 2006
That is so cool! Never heard of a company nice enough to do something like that.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Wow what a wonderful company to think about their customers....I need a store like that in my city.

"Excuse me sir, we heard you dropped your candybar.....we'll ship one right out to you"

Bless

eyup

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2006
UK
cynical dude here

ah haaa - i see yours was on order!

hmmm - If it was on order I bet they didna have the one you requested in the 1st place! I bet they were sent the new one.

I bet they were faking the 'We're soooo nice' line.

How cynical is that?

Sobering

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2006
Canada
Yeah guys I was VERY surprised by this myself. I already got the cash back and just waiting for them to get their shipment of new ones. I felt slightly drunk/high after I hung up hahaha. Anyways yeah I wonder if they called everybody that bought an iMac at London Drugs in Winnipeg Canada? Hmm wahtever but yeah, that is what I call service ;).