Hair in Macbook screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hustle, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Hustle macrumors 6502a

I've got something that looks like a hair behind my screen. I think its a hair. It looks like it is.

Its really anoying. :(

Has anyone else had a problem like this?.

2. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

3. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

some one else had a ant and hair in another.....

4. Wooscary macrumors newbie

I had what looked to be an eyelash, plus a growing amount of small black dots starting at the bottom of the screen. Had to have the screen replaced.

5. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

I was sitting here a few weeks back, chilling, surfing on the web, when I noticed a period on the Google search page began moving around. WHAT??! I screamed in my mind, so I leaned in closer for an inspection. Sure enough it was some sort of tiny bug crawling around INSIDE the display of my 20" white iMac. So I had 2 options:

1) Smack the screen really hard, killing it and possibly damage my screen

or

2) Put my display to sleep and pray that it crawled back out

Sure enough option 2 worked, thank god, because a little dead bug in my display would surely drive me crazy. Perhaps the Apple displays aren't sealed good enough? Or maybe this is a flaw with flat panels, as a web search yielded many cases similar to mine.

6. armd.franco macrumors member

armd.franco

my 10 days old macbook has what looked like an eyelash but it's actually 2 dead pixels, i'm taking it to the apple store on friday.

7. lampdeskchair macrumors member

That's disgusting, yet so awesome. Take a pic!

I remember when we first got my trusty 42" Dell HDTV 2 years ago. A few days after we got it all setup, we noticed a dead pixel....then it moved...Turned out to be a tiny little beetle thing and was annoying as hell. Would run all around the screen, eventually it died-luckily not while between the LCD/Glass lol.

8. drake macrumors 6502a

drake

Better hope it didn't lay eggs. Heard stories like this before, with Dell monitors. Then sometimes end with a family of them.

Here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tu_yBEZ-is