Hair in powerbook g4 17"...annoyed

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by pmcb, May 10, 2009.

1. pmcb macrumors member

Yes a hair (by the looks of it, an eye lash) is stuck in my powerbooks display. So I have a few options, I could choose to ignore it and hopefully it at some point dislodges and falls out. It must have somehow got in there while i was moving my computer today, as it rarely leaves my desk...so maybe if i take it jogging the hair will go back into the recesses of the display and out of sight?

Or I could use guides to open up my computer detach the display, open it, clean the lcd, put it all back together and hope it works...

Or look into a computer cleaning service? not too sure about this one.

By looking at guides it doesn't look too difficult to open it up. Just tedious, I've been able to take apart electronics before from guides, and generally get it all back together ok.
    Has anyone had to open up a powerbook display before?
    is it worth all the trouble to get such a small imperfection out of the display, there are some other dirty marks on the inside of the lcd but those are hardly noticeable.
    how much would a computer shop pay to clean this sort of thing?

i turn to you macrumors for guidance. it's just one of those things that the more i look at it, the more it bothers me.

2. natebookpro macrumors 6502a

I read on here once that someone suggested touching an ultrasonic toothbrush to the display in the hopes that it would dislodge it and fall to the bottom where you couldn't see it. Im not endorsing this as I have never tried it, but it sounded reasonable so I figured I would pass it along. Good Luck.

3. pmcb thread starter macrumors member

sounds crazy enough to work. thanks for the tip

4. kajitox macrumors 6502a

kajitox