Hairline Crack Illusion from Screen Protector? (Iphone 5s)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by S.J.S, Oct 26, 2014.

1. S.J.S, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014

S.J.S macrumors newbie

Hi,

New member but have been browsing the forums for a long time now. Finally registered to ask a question.

I just got me new Iphone 5s from the verizon store . Long story short, they talked me into the case and screen protector which they installed. The screen protector is apparently tampered glass. I noticed there are two very small "specs" on the screen which you can only seen either with the back light on or shinning a light onto the screen. They look like very small horizontal hair line cracks at first glance.

At first, I thought some dust must of just got in between the screen protector and the phone's screen.I went back to the Verizon store to request them to put a new protector on without these two noticeable lines. The manager looked at the phone and said that it was a"optical illusion" from the way the glass from the protector is aligned with the iPhone screen. He then went on to say because it is not a defect, there was no warrant to replace the screen protector.

So.

1. Is the manager just giving me the ring around about this and just doesn't want to replace the screen protector or worse the phone if there is indeed a hairline crack with it. I could not find any information on this.

2. Do you think Verizon should attempt to get rid of those lines?

Thank You,

Sam

2. PegasusTenma macrumors regular

PegasusTenma

If you are going to OCD about it, buy a new screen protector and remove the old one to check the truth. If is a hairline crack, Apple should replace it no prob.

3. S.J.S thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for replying. Not OCD about it, just want to make sure my phone that I paid $600 for does not have any hair line cracks. I hate to pull the screen protector off but I guess it is the only way of knowing. Just wanted to see if anyone has heard of a screen protector causing the screen appear to have hair line cracks.