Hairline scratch on screen!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RSNL, Oct 27, 2011.

1. RSNL macrumors regular

First things first, im really anal with my electronics so please don't flame me too much.... here is my story.

I got an iphone 4s 16gb black on release day at Sprint (13 days). Kept the stock plastic until I got screen protector after work. Got the protector and put it on, but I messed up and ended having fingerprints and air bubbles on the protector. Decided to wait it out until today to buy another protector to put on. As I was cleaning the screen and prepping it for the new protector, I noticed a hairline scratch on the screen. I made an apple genius appt tomorrow. Do you think they will replace my phone or am I SOL? I have applecare+ but I don't really want to pay 50 dollars for this. I can't return it to Sprint because they are all out of iPhone 4s' everywhere here in Seattle, Washington.

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

I've got one too, and a small dent in my MacBook Pro. Just get used to it, probably good therapy for OCD.

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

terms of applecare+ won't let you swap out your phone for another because of a scratch. i think you just have to live with it.

4. MayBee macrumors 6502

i don't see why not...since they cover drop damage anyway....he might as just drop it tomorrow "oops". LOL...

5. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

the terms and conditions of applecare+ state that it does not cover cosmetic damage, "including but not limited to scratches and dents, that do not otherwise affect the functionality of the covered equipment."

i mean, sure, he can drop it, smash the glass, pay $50 and get a new phone, but his accidental coverage is down to one more incident and he's out $50. all for a scratch?

6. RSNL thread starter macrumors regular

sigh.. we'll see tomorrow. Worst they can is "sorry, no can do." It's really not bad, but knowing that it's only a 13 day phone and been trying to protect it from scratches, but find scratches anyways suuuuccks ha!

7. ijohnbro macrumors regular

comb the hair over to one side nobody will notice

8. harpyeagle macrumors regular

Just return and get a new one

They have a 30 day return policy, correct?

9. rodman109110 macrumors 6502

I think the scratches are on the oleophobic coating on the glass, not the glass itself. I have them too, annoying but nothing I can do about it.

10. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

apple stores, yes. carrier stores like verizon and sprint, no.