Hairline scratches on Sport model,will screen protector cover them?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mypyh4ooo, Jul 6, 2015.

1. mypyh4ooo macrumors regular

Just a thought , i have a few hairline scratches, don't ask how they got there but thought that maybe if a screen protector was put on the screen it would actually cover them and prevent any future ones or am i wrong? Thanks

2. FellaMeLad macrumors member

FellaMeLad

Give it a go. I know I successfully did this with an Invisible Shield on my iPhone a few years back. It had a fine scratch on the screen which really irked me. But I was pleasantly surprised when, after installing the Invisible Shield, I could no longer see the scratch!

I said I'd never put one on my Watch, but last week I caved and ordered a Zagg HD after reading many stories about scratched screens on here. Will put it on as soon as it arrives!

Fella.

3. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I had a nasty scratch on my Pebble watch and put a screen protector on it. You could hardly see it. I'd say that yes, a screen protector will hide the fine scratches and prevent future ones.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

My friend had some minor scratches on his sport and he put a screen protector on his and the are hard to see anymore. He is tough on his watch but enjoys it to no end!

5. mypyh4ooo thread starter macrumors regular

Does it matter what one i go for ? Anyone got a pic with the invisible shield one on ?

6. FellaMeLad macrumors member

FellaMeLad

7. mypyh4ooo thread starter macrumors regular

I contacted apple support and was told to either take a photo of the screen which I can't at the time because I don't have access to a computer or pop in see what they suggest in store. I'll be looking to get the screen protector in the long run in the hope it would cover them and stop any future ones although the ArmorSuit MilitaryShield that I've read about isn't available in the UK. Anyone know of anything similar that I can purchase locally and roughly if apple will charge to repair my screen as it may impact usage in future ?

8. mypyh4ooo thread starter macrumors regular

9. FellaMeLad macrumors member

FellaMeLad

Well - I'm in the UK, but I ordered the Zagg Invisible Shield HD last Thursday: http://www.zagg.com/us/en_us/hd-apple-watch-42mm.

I have no idea if it's any good or not, but I've used Invisible Shields on my iPhones in the past and so I thought I'd go with the same brand. Cost me £14.99 and it says its shipped so I expect to see it in a few days. (Not sure if it's shipping from the US, or from Europe somewhere).

Regarding repairs - I would just say live with it. I doubt the scratch would be worth the cost of a new screen...

Fella.

10. Mojopin macrumors regular

Mojopin

I have had the Zagg HD on all my AW variations, love it, the best protector I have used stays put perfectly no peeling on corners etc and crystal clear!

Don't forget to register it so you can get one lifetime replacement for the shipping cost, $3.99 in US, if anything goes bad, and you just mail the old one back with an included envelope and just need a stamp if in US.

11. FellaMeLad macrumors member

FellaMeLad

Cool willdo. I've registered my iPhone Invisible Shields in the past, but luckily not had to call in the replacement. The Watch might be a different kettle of fish in a few months, though, as I'm sure those curved corners will cause the protector to peel. Time will tell, tho!

Fella.

12. Mojopin macrumors regular

Mojopin

I'm happy to report I've had no issues with peeling and I've applied and used 3 different ones on 3 different watches over the past few months. I actually had to work to get the corners up when I had to remove one to get a little piece of lint out. Noone's ever noticed I had a screen protector, am extremely glad I chose Zagg vs the other brands.

You really have to closely examine it around the edges under certain lights to see anything's even there:
    [​IMG]

13. Mojopin macrumors regular

Mojopin

OP see this other person's post in the Accessories forum on how the Zagg HD hides his scratch: screen protectors - naysayers stay out