Half Life 2: Episode 2 + Intel Gma 950 Help!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ramses2005, Jul 30, 2010.

1. ramses2005 macrumors member

ok heres my issue. i have a macbook (not the UNIBODY) with the graphic chipset intel GMA 950... yeah i know im supposed to not be running some games as Half life 2: episode 2, but ive heard about a graphics booster that is here: GMABooster :: Download (Mac OS X). I think that this works but the problem is that i cant download it because it appears as broken or something like that...

Does someone know about another software that lets me run Half Life 2: Episode 2?? or something like an emulator that lets me play!! PLEASE IM DESPERATE!!

PS: SORRY IF I POSTED THIS ON THE WRONG PLACE... :]

PLEASE IF YOU HAVE THE ANSWER CONTACT ME AT: AECHAVARALEJO2@HOTMAIL.COM OR AECHAVAR2@HOTMAIL.COM :apple::apple::apple::apple:

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I'm sorry, but there's really not much you can do if your system doesn't meet the minimum system requirements...

3. ramses2005 thread starter macrumors member

I know but it works with this i sayd but the problem is cant download it, maybe you know and alternative if you dont thank you still!;)

4. Fast/Furious macrumors regular

Fast/Furious

Try torrenting it or looking for it on a different site. I just tried and no dice trying to download. Just my 2 cents but a software-based "booster" is not going to magically turn our GMA950's into high performance discrete graphics cards ):

5. ramses2005 thread starter macrumors member

but it would make it meet the requirements to run it...

6. Fast/Furious macrumors regular

Fast/Furious

That may be the case, but like I said.. no software based booster will give you the performance of a discrete graphics card from ATI or nVidia. "Meeting the requirements" and actual playability are two very different things. You could definitely give it a try, but I'm just saying.. don't expect amazing graphics performance. No matter how you try to fix or augment it, integrated graphics suck.

7. Droid13 macrumors regular

The Sad Truth

Intel GMA 950 graphics are no where near the capability to enjoy any real gaming, especially 3D gaming with lots of lighting effects and detail. Even if there is a piece of software that could somehow force the game to run on a three-year-old integrated graphics card, the experience would doubtless be poor and it is conceivable that it may do some harm.

It really isn't worth it - much better to acquire a system, Windows or Mac, that meets the minimum requirement of a dedicated graphics card (DirectX 8 capable or better for Windows, GeForce 8 level or better for Mac) and enjoy the game that way.

I personally have a MacBook with a GMA 950 in it and while it is wonderful for basic work-related tasks, gaming is simply beyond it.

8. ramses2005 thread starter macrumors member

Im looking forward to buy a MacBook Pro but right now i do not have the money for it, but if the fame works smoothly i dont really care about the graphics as long it runs smoothly... but thanks!