Half Life 2: Episode 2 not running

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by chainprayer, Oct 1, 2008.

1. chainprayer macrumors 6502a

Hello! I have XP installed on my MacBook. HL2, HL2:Ep1, and Portal all run amazingly smooth. I tried playing HL2:Ep2 and it bogs down on the main game screen. Its just a bunch of skipping noises and the background moves at about 2 frames every 10 seconds. Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone have a stable configuration?

Thanks!

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Which MacBook do you have? I bet it probably has a GMA 950.

3. chainprayer thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Have you downloaded the latest drivers from Intel's website?

5. Markov macrumors 6502

Markov

Half-Life 2 Episode 2 is more demanding than Episode 1 and the original. You only have an integrated GPU and they are not the most powerful GPU's out there. The X3100 is much better than the 950 because you have 3D Acceleration on the X3100. Your card meets the requirements posted for the game, but I guess it's just not powerful enough to handle Episode 2. At the very least I would have expected it to at least run on minimal settings... but apparently not. Try to mess around with some settings and try searching online to see if anyone got it running.

6. chainprayer thread starter macrumors 6502a

no. is there a specific download to match apple's hardware?

7. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Apple does not use any special hardware drivers on the Windows side. The Windows XP 32-bit drivers for the GM965 chipset are perfectly fine.