Half-life in Crossover

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by mknabster, Mar 31, 2010.

1. mknabster macrumors regular

Hey guys, I have the latest version of Crossover, and I am going to install Half-life on it, as well as Blue Shift and Opposing Force. I was wondering if anyone knows how to enable the console/dev mode with the game through Crossover. Thanks!

2. macfan881 macrumors 68020

Just wait Half Life will be on Mac by the end of April.

3. zao8350 macrumors regular

i wish i could tell you. i don't really know anything about crossover. I don't think the response you should be getting is "wait for steam" though.

if i lived were the closest water was 5 miles away and i wanted to get it, but there was going to be a well dug month i wouldn't quit walking for water...

i hope you can get this answered.

and i know that was an exaggeration up there

edit: i'm confused why you need the console mode. it says half life is supported. can't you just press ~ in game?

4. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

But you need water to live, he could probably wait less than a month to be able to play it natively.

5. zao8350 macrumors regular

^^^

6. mknabster thread starter macrumors regular

It is supported, but supposedly I have to add something to the end of the HL exe to allow the console to come up.

7. capoeirista macrumors 6502

FWIW I could never get blueshift to work in Crossover 7.1. No probs with the other two. However, there was also a bug where HL froze just as you jumped into the warp to the final boss.

Don't know if these were common or not though.