Half of Mac Screen is Acting Up?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Skillum, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Skillum macrumors newbie

I've been dealing with this problem for about the past two months and within the last month been searching for an answer. This happens every time I have safari open. It appears that the left half of my screen has a small purple filter over it. It is very faint and not very noticeable. You can tell something is going on, it can only be explained by a purple static. The only time you can really tell if it is happening there is any sort of black on the screen. When I put a black background against the whole screen you can tell it is only half of it. The strange thing is it is not almost half, it is EXACTLY half of the screen. It only happens randomly (like I said usually when safari open). It's not really a big annoyance I am just worried that it could lead to something more serious. I have a late 08' Unibody. The cheapest version. Any clues on to what this problem is would really help! If you have any questions please ask. I apologize if this a repost, but I did a good 30 minutes of searching these forums alone and could not find a thing. Would love to post a video, but am operating with a 0.05 MBPS Upload speed. Future Thanks!

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Sounds like a job for the Genius Bar, make an appointment and if you have AppleCare, it should be covered.

3. ZebOfMac macrumors regular

ZebOfMac

Sounds like a hardware issue. Could be GPU, logic board, video cable, or LCD itself.