Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 9, 2017
So I installed 10.15 on my 2012 MacBook Pro and when I opened Launchpad I found that half of my applications are gone. I can still find them in my applications folder but going into there every time to launch an app that's not in my dock is going to be a real pain. Any fixes you guys know of? Have you had this issue too?

Also I didn't clean install it so I still have all my data, just not my old Launchpad configuration. And as you can see in the screenshot, the dock has applications that aren't being shown in Launchpad.
Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 11.38.21 PM.png

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
It does seem like there is a bug with apps not showing up in Launchpad. Probably related to the fact that there are two Applications folders now in MacOS Catalina (one is on the system partition and contains only the default apps), and the Finder / Launchpad has to merge them into one.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 9, 2017
It does seem like there is a bug with apps not showing up in Launchpad. Probably related to the fact that there are two Applications folders now in MacOS Catalina (one is on the system partition and contains only the default apps), and the Finder / Launchpad has to merge them into one.
Ah, glad I'm not the only one. Hopefully they fix this in beta 2 or 3.

galih

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2019
i hope it's a bug,maybe it's not. Because if i'm installing apps from Appstore, it's appear on Launchpad.
Btw if you cant wait apple to fix it for you, please follow this guide.

1. Drag Launchpad.app from /Applications folder to dock
2. select or drag All of your apps / any apps you like to Lauchpad.app
3. Done.

Reactions: Weipeng

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 9, 2017
i hope it's a bug,maybe it's not. Because if i'm installing apps from Appstore, it's appear on Launchpad.

3. Done.
It's third party apps and some downloaded from the store. But I'll give that a try, thanks!

Weipeng

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2019

3. Done.
Ťhanks!! It's worked

Aquamite

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2014
So I installed 10.15 on my 2012 MacBook Pro and when I opened Launchpad I found that half of my applications are gone. I can still find them in my applications folder but going into there every time to launch an app that's not in my dock is going to be a real pain. Any fixes you guys know of? Have you had this issue too?

Also I didn't clean install it so I still have all my data, just not my old Launchpad configuration. And as you can see in the screenshot, the dock has applications that aren't being shown in Launchpad.
View attachment 842228
Where is safari? Is that the default order for launchpad apps on Catalina?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.