Half of my iPhone's liqud sensor is gray...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by KH8756, Jan 16, 2010.

1. KH8756 macrumors member

Today, I decided to check my iPhone's liquid sensor, in the headphone jack, just to make sure it's not pink/redish. I took a flashlight and looked inside. It wasn't pink, but I noticed that the left hand side of the white sticker is a little gray-ish. Now I know the white sticker changes its color to pink/red when it is trigerred. However for some reason I'm a little concerned. Is this normal? Or should the whole sticker be all white? I know this is probably a very dumb question, but can someone take a look at their headphone jack, and let me know if they see the same thing? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

2. NathanA macrumors 6502a

Is it possible you're just seeing some kind of shadow being cast on the part that you think looks grey?

-- Nathan

3. KH8756 thread starter macrumors member

That's what I thought at first, but after looking at it from different angles, I can confirm that the left half of the white sticker is gray (looking at it straight down with the front of the iPhone facing me).

4. lionheartednyhc macrumors 65816

lionheartednyhc

No offense, but this seems like useless information. Even if someone said there phones sensor is, or is not, grey what does that do for you? Even if it meant that you had liquid damage, and your warranty is void it changes nothing.

Dont worry about it.

5. KH8756 thread starter macrumors member

If two people said that, then that would tell me that most likely it's normal for the sticker to be gray in some areas. And that's true, what you're saying, but I guess I just want a couple people to look at theirs and see if theirs is gray. Now if two people say theirs is all white, then that would do nothing for me :p
    Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like a smart a**.:p