Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twentyred

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2007
Birmingham, UK
Since the 5.1.4 update on Lion. Anyone else noticed this? Approximately half of the videos on YouTube are refusing to play / showing just a black box with the playback buttons in the wrong place. Latest version of Flash, everything working fine in Chrome.

Any ideas what might have caused this?

( Example - this video for me is broken, hope this isn't against the rules http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UeLk6vmbtM )

The-Pro

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2010
Germany
Unsubscribing to the HTML5 wont make it work. Infact HTML5 work near flawlessly in safari for me, (on 6 machines) and the rest of flash on youtube is a total piss. Just doesn't work!! Occasionally after like 5 reloads and what not it works. But then it jumps frames and all kinds of stuff. Works perfectly in Chrome because it has its own flash player.

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
I had a similar problem as the OP on both my Mac Pro and MBP ( slightly different as on my machines it would start to play videos then stall / stutter), unsubscribing to the HTML5 trial as suggested by dEsUrU, sorted the problem out on both machines. This problem has been raised on other threads as well, and in a large number of cases opting out of the HTML5 trial fixed the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.