half touch screen not working

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by irynuca4u, Oct 2, 2008.

1. irynuca4u macrumors newbie

i cant slide to unlock,but when i want to swich it off is working just fine !is there anything i can do or is gone....can somebody answer me pls

2. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Not sure what to say about that. Have you tried a hard shutdown and restart ?

- Push and hold the lock button and the home button for about 5 seconds.

- Then push the Home button and see if it comes back up.

Unless you purchased this Touch as one of the first batch of Generation #1, it should still be under hardware warranty from Apple.

[​IMG]

3. BoabSmith macrumors newbie

I had the same problem with my first touch, my screen then died completely. I took it into apple shop and they done an exchange. I'm typing on my touch so I can't copy and paste the full story. Grrrrrr!

Well, today i have witnessed the best customer service i have ever seen, in the shape of the apple store (glasgow)

I went in with my ipod as above ( no receipt may i add as it was a birthday present and bought from dubai ). guy that served me had a look and said the screen was totally dead, no problem sir, i'll just swap the screen out for you, it'll take 5 mins.

He then shouts me over and explains a slight problem in that there are 4 countries that are not covered by the UK warranty, so he was unable to repair the ipod. (UAE being one of the 4)

5 mins later i left the store with a brand new ipod touch, plus the software addons with the mail etc which i did not have on my original touch ( and gave me a new receipt )

It left me utterly gobsmacked.

Well done Apple 10/10. Amazing.