Half-way through registering new iPhone, iTunes crashes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by andrew65, May 19, 2009.

1. andrew65 macrumors newbie

Have a new iPhone, and was half-way through going through the process of setting it up in iTunes. Got to the 'Syncing' page to select syncing options and iTunes crashed.

I have uninstalled iTunes 3 times now, including removing all trace of folders etc. related to iTunes, Apple Update, Quicktime, etc. Rebooted. Reinstalled. Also did the deauthiorize, reauthorize computer and then get free app from iTunes app store as suggested by Apple. Each time iTunes crashes and I'm unable to sync the iPhone. At all. It's making me so mad. Nothing works.

Does anyone have any advice or help, please? Any suggestions most gladly welcomed, as I'm about to throw the thing into the sea with frustration. I. Am. Desperate. Please help, someone.

Thanks!

2. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

If you want just go to any at@t or apple store and have them register it for you

3. John T macrumors 68020

John T

It would help if you give details of PC/Mac, OS and which version of iTunes you are using.

4. andrew65 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's a PC, Win XP, latest iTunes.

Cheers.