Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

P-Worm

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
I collect movie posters. I absolutely love them. Every year, my family members (there's 6 of us) each choose a poster and we mount them in some frames we made. The 6 frames in our movie room are interchanged with different movie posters periodically.

Well, we decided to get some new posters for the Halloween season just around the corner. My question for you is what is your favorite movie poster with a halloween style theme? I have been looking at a few and have some good picks, but I figure I could get some great ideas here.

Use the following link to search for pictures of the posters you are thinking of.

http://www.impawards.com/

When we pick the movies we go for style of the poster first and then for quality of the movie second.

I'll post some of my picks later. Happy hunting (or should I say 'haunting' - sorry bad pun.)

P-Worm

shecky

May 24, 2003
Obviously you're not a golfer.
not exactly "haloween" per se, but masters of poster design the Stenberg Brothers made some incredible posters in the early 20th century. they do not really have Halloween in 1920's and '30's russia as far as i know, but these are kind of eerie and moody.

Man-from-the-Forest-Print-C12217749.jpeg

Burden-of-Marriage-Print-C12217753.jpeg

Fragment-of-an-Empire-Print-C12217728.jpeg

Ship-Around-Print-C12217711.jpeg

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Surely there's a Tim Burton movie out there with a Halloween theme.

Or maybe I just gave Tim Burton an awesome movie idea, and he should give me a percentage of the profits once he makes it.

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
The Exorcist

The-Exorcist-Posters.jpg

The Shining

The-Shining-Posters.jpg

Halloween

Halloween-Posters.jpg

Nightmare on Elm Street

Nightmare-On-Elm-Street-Posters.jpg

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Texas-Chainsaw-Massacre-Posters.jpg

P-Worm

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
Some great posts so far guys. I am going to have to fix my links when I get home. For the record, the ones that I already have are:
1)The Nightmare Before Christmas
2)Halloween (The one with the multiple knife blades that turn into a Jack o Lantern - very cool)
3)Friday the 13th
4)Pirates of the Caribbean (The skeleton at the helm of the ship)
5)Batman Begins
6)Night of the Living Dead

Shecky - I like those posters a lot. Are they Russian Movies? These need to be movies because they are hung in an entertainment room.

Also, note that I am looking for movie posters and not posters of movies if that makes any sense. For instance, the movie poster for Pulp Fiction has Uma Thurman in a car reading a book and holding a cigarette, but there are posters that float around of Pulp Fiction that just has a still from the movie, like a picture of John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson holding their guns out.

I know, I'm picky, but that's the way it is.

I really like what I have seen so far. I knew I could count on this community to come up with some great stuff.

P-Worm

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.