Hallucinations

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by thatoneguy82, Oct 25, 2012.

1. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

It's the second time that I've noticed. I just closed my eyes to rest, but I kept it open. I don't even know how to explain that. My eyelids are closed, but not my eyeballs. First time I noticed it was a cartoon that was playing. It was some family bear wearing clothes. Kids kept going up and down the stairs, etc. Now, it just happened again, but it had a slight change. It was a Mickey Mouse cartoon and it showed Mickey attempting to slay the dragon for Minnie. She comes and help him. Since I wanted to do it again, I saw Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck fighting. I'm not stretching the truth here, just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this. This is so weird.

There's this that offers a bit of explanation, except I'm not in a "deep sleep."
    Close-eyed Hallucinations

2. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

3. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

I was told to stay away from the brown acid...

4. TedM macrumors 6502

or any form of acid

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

6. thatoneguy82 thread starter macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Haha. I said it was weird. And I wish I was on some thing. Well, only thing was drugs to prevent seizures.

7. Mord, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012

Mord macrumors G4

Mord

I get that kinda thing all the time, though it's usually not that intense unless I let myself just drift into it while specifically visualising things around the theme of what I intend to see.

Otoh, I've dabbled with more than my fair share of hallucinogenic drugs, once I got a feel for those states of mind I found I could achieve a good approximation just by meditative will.

Edit: seizure preventing drugs can easily cause those kinds of visuals, I've had cartoonish ones the few times I've taken benzodiazapine drugs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closed-eye_hallucination

According to that I float between level 3 and 4 basically all the time.

Wizard eyes.

8. thatoneguy82 thread starter macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Well, at least I'm not alone in this. Haha. Weird thing is that I've been on those 2 anti-seizure meds for about 1.5 years since my first and only seizure that led to a hematoma. They said it would "fix itself." I've taken benzos and opiates before, but that was a while ago. All that lead to was conscious blackouts with simple partial seizure; the scariest of all.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next images I'll be seeing. :)

9. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

I'm curious as to how you'd describe a simple partial seizure? About once a week or so, sometimes more sometimes less I get an intense sense of deja vu, and mind seems to just go a bit weird, like there's just been a distinct change that's difficult to put my finger on along with the sensation that I'm akin to a balloon being inflated within a constrained space, like my skin is too tight for me but not literally.

It then usually ends with fleeting pins and needles, usually during these episodes I can force myself to talk or walk around, but I generally just sit it out.

Always wondered what the hell those are and from what I've read they fit the bill for simple partial seizures. I hope they're not just because they often develop into full blown ones.

10. thatoneguy82 thread starter macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Those symptoms seem to fit into it. Have you ever been "disturbed" during one? People going through hardly can be. Their unconscious (conscious is seizing, hence partial) has taken over and more often than not, no memory or very little of the event is remembered. You're not in control of yourself, motor movements, etc. You basically don't act like yourself and you're extremely unpredictable.

I hate having them. I do some stupid stuff. I call people and say stupid things. It's the worst. I can't believe I can drive 30 miles in that condition.

11. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

12. Caliber26, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012

Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

Actually, Mickey Mouse battles (and defeats) the Maleficent Dragon every night in the Fantasmic! show, at Disney's Hollywood Studios (Florida) and Disneyland Park (California). :)

[​IMG]