Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gamerz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Anyways... I tried to download the new maps for halo 2... which im sure a few of you have done. before i download, it says: " please reconnect controller port 1". The next screen shows the downloadable map packages that you can get... i have the other 3... and i have already purchased the new ones(it says purchased under the picture). When i try to download it... it jumps to the end, then says: " the content failed to download". I have an xbox 360, but an original xbox edition halo 2 version... Might this be the problem??? Any other solutions and/or answers would be nice.

Thanks for your time.

Santeh

macrumors member
May 7, 2005
Hello!

I had a similar problem to you (XBOX 360; Halo 2 disks), and elected to speak to XBOX Live support. I was told that the problem was due to a high volume of dowloads, i.e. a large number of people trying to download the maps. The support suggested that I wait until after 2 A.M. EST or between 8-9 A.M. EST. It should be noted that this was told to me for a weekday, thus I do not know about weekend times. For myself, I just kept trying and eventually got the download to work.

Also, I was initially not sure why I did not see the maps come up for matchmaking. However, after reading the information on Bungie's website I noted that the new maps are currently available for custom games only. Bungie did menton that the new maps will hopefully be ready for matchmaking next week.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.