Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jomskylark

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
Hi,

I've been looking all over and cannot find Halo: Combat Evolved for Mac for a good price! I'm talking $20-60, but the ones I found were hundreds. Could somebody point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

Eric5h5

macrumors 68020
Dec 9, 2004
It's out of production, so I'm afraid you're out of luck, unless you happen to stumble across someone who doesn't know the value of the game (or is generous and doesn't care). Amazon seems to have some third-party sellers offering it from $80 or so, which is probably the best you can do these days.

--Eric

Jack Flash

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2007
Does the Windows Key work on the Mac version? If it does, the most recent update to the game removes the disc check, so you could work something out.

Jomskylark

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
Thanks, but I'm a bit confused... I found Windows Halo: Combat Evolved for $20 or under, but I can't find Mac Halo: Combat Evolved... are the two versions different or something?

Grr, looked some more and can't find it! Anybody else?

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2007
As stated above, Halo: Combat Evolved is no longer in production for Mac. This makes it something of a collector's item. I've seen them go for close to $200 on eBay. Unfortunately, the keys from the PC version do not work on the Mac version.

Eric5h5

macrumors 68020
Dec 9, 2004
I found Windows Halo: Combat Evolved for $20 or under, but I can't find Mac Halo: Combat Evolved... are the two versions different or something?

Well, yes, the Windows version is for Windows and the Mac version is for the Mac. MacSoft has no license to sell the Mac version anymore.

--Eric

sysiphus

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2006
Yes, there are still plenty of people playing Halo online.
You can easily get Halo for Mac within your reasonable price range. You just need to know where to look!

(I'm actually looking to unload my copy of the Mac Universal Binary; take a look at my posting in the classifieds/shoot me a PM.)

NZEric

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2009
Oh no. I own a copy of the game including the universal binary, I was just wondering if there was a Mac rumors clan or servers?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.