Halo "Combat Evolved" for Macintosh / Importing Old Profiles to New machine

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Captain Anthony, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Captain Anthony macrumors newbie

Hello,

I am looking for some help. I am transferring my G4 to a new macbook. I have my existing profile and saved game information. How and Where do take my old settings and so they can be used when I start Halo on my new MacBook?

I have dragged the "Saved Game" and "Save Game" folders into the new Halo folder. However, when I start up Halo it only has the default/unsaved profile that starts with the game.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Are you running the same version on both systems? I'm not certain but I seem to recall that the UA can't use PowerPC saves.

3. asdasd616 macrumors newbie

It should work, just start a new game and save, then replace all the files with your old saves. Halo on intel saves into "~/Documents/Halo/i386" unless you are using the PPC only version.

4. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I cannot even begin to fathom a reason this would be so. A save file should be nothing more than a file containing a set of numbers that correspond to different things in the game (ammo, where you are in the stage, stage number, etc), not a binary that wouldn't function on another platform.

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I know, I know… I never tried it myself but I seem to remember reading it somewhere.