Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FizzZ*

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2008
after i updated my old halo by downloading the new version 2.0.3 i opened it and i noticed poor graphics from the start, played online and everything around me was white, stones and rocks dissapear...etc

i can tell its the graphics card, and i have the basic one, can someone help me and tell me step by step how to download a new suitable update for my graphics ( update only i cant afford to buy a new one ). thanks :)

P.S i have MAC OS X 10.3.9

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
go to the :apple: logo at the top left corner and select about my mac, click on more info and click the graphics tab. the model/vendor and maybe some other details (relevant in your opinion) too.

FizzZ*

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2008
go to the :apple: logo at the top left corner and select about my mac, click on more info and click the graphics tab. the model/vendor and maybe some other details (relevant in your opinion) too.

does this help?

----------------------------------

ATY,RV280:

Type: display
Bus: AGP
VRAM (Total): 32 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x5962
Revision ID: 0x0001
ROM Revision: 113-xxxxx-102

Display:

Type: display
Display Type: CRT
VRAM (In Use): 32 MB
Resolution: 1152 x 864 @ 80 Hz
Depth: 32-bit Color
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes

ATY,Merlin_B:

super_kev

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
USofA
So you have an older iMac? If I were you, I'd play with the graphics settings in Halo and see if you can't get the results you want.

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
I am going to get this update and run through my Halo once I get home from work tonight. I have a MBP, so my graphics will probably be better.

Hopefully this doesn't break Halo. I love this game!

FizzZ*

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2008
So you have an older iMac? If I were you, I'd play with the graphics settings in Halo and see if you can't get the results you want.

yea i tried, it helped abit, but its limited, i changed it as far as it goes and as good as it goes, but still, having poor graphics, but better than before. i dont know what to do i emailed the company now.. i dont know what is the difference but all i know its a G4 Mac OS X 10.3.9 not an iMac

FizzZ*

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2008
I am going to get this update and run through my Halo once I get home from work tonight. I have a MBP, so my graphics will probably be better.

Hopefully this doesn't break Halo. I love this game!

dont get the 2.0.2 there is a 2.0.3 its what i got

whats an MBP?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.