Halo for Mac MultiPlayer?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by maclolp, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclolp macrumors newbie

Hey everybody, i just got Halo for Mac and the MultiPlayer works but for some servers it says "Your CD key is invalid" or "Cannot Connect To Game Server" i tried hosting a LAN server from my PC and it will not locate the server in the LAN Server list i don't know if i need a Patch or what but i will do anything i hope you have some ideas. Thx ~Maclolp~

2. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

I'm guessing you didn't purchase a serial as this game hasn't been for sale in a couple years. Online won't work with the only two serials that still work for this game, so your only options are single player and LAN play.

To get LAN to work, set up a game on your PC. Once that's done, hold F1 to find the IP address of your PC. Once you've got the IP, enter it in the direct IP option for joining games in the Mac version of Halo. You should then be able to play a multiplayer game.

3. maclolp thread starter macrumors newbie

Well i did exactly as you said and it says "Unable to join the game server!" so i don't know what's going on but i hope u have some ideas

4. maclolp thread starter macrumors newbie

Also i have 2 PC's and i have Halo on both of them i made a LAN server and it shows up in the LAN lobby on the PC but not on the Mac also when i try to join with one of my PC's it says "CD key invalid" i can connect to some of the Internet Servers with my Mac but most of them just say "CD key invalid" or "unable to join game server"

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I'm just going to ask right now. To get it out in the open, you understand...

Did you pirate it?

6. maclolp thread starter macrumors newbie

It's posable, Why? do they have some kind of update or something i need?

7. Cerebrus' Maw macrumors 6502

Pirate Copies often dont work online.

Most servers check your "CD Key" against a list of known good Keys. If your's dosent show up, you get the "Invalid CD Key". Same goes if its a duplicate, especially if someone who is using the same key legitimately is online at the same time..

Possible. Got a chuckle out of that.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.