Halo: Master Chief Collection

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Redskinsfan10, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Redskinsfan10 macrumors member

Is anyone buying?
    thoughts?
    Also does anyone one know if multiplayer mode will be available for every game? or is there only one multiplayer mode and all modes are included in one? thanks. Cant seem to find any info on multiplayer online.

2. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

I have never played one minute of any Halo game.

I guess since I just bought an XB1 I should get this and start from the beginning huh?

Is the one player,campaign mode worth it for all the games or is it only excel at multiplayer?

3. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

I preordered it through gamestop and I cannot wait! The gamestop bonus skull is pretty cool (compared to the other retailers). I am most excited for the HD version of Halo 2!

4. Redskinsfan10 thread starter macrumors member

I wonder if we can play multiplayer on halo 2

5. Rich74 macrumors regular

6. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I'll be buying it. I'm not a huge Halo fan but I enjoyed 1 and 2. Especially playing on Xbox Live with friends across country. IMO the way Microsoft is going about this is great. Releasing all of these together and re-done for today's graphics. Love it!!! If these were just downloadable versions of the old games that work on an Xbox One there is no way I'd get them. But they have gone all out to update these.

7. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

Absolutely. Hell, I've even got an Xbox One on order just for it.

Can't. Frickin. Wait.

8. Redskinsfan10 thread starter macrumors member

Lol I know. I bought it just for halo and gears

9. lJoSquaredl macrumors regular

Preloading it this weekend:) Over the last 10 years i've been a 1 game guy, just Halo 24/7. When Halo got bad (Reach, 4) I reverted back to my Nintendo/rpg days, playing some WoW, now League of Legends and Hearthstone on the side. Once MCC drops i'll be back to grinding the game I love again, but League of Legends now too cuz it's just so good:) Halo has always been the best shooter tho, least IMO. The story is so fun, the characters are charming, the art style is so clean and pristine, and when its built like an arena shooter (same starts, no sprint, power weapons on map, etc) its just so pure...best FPS out there for a long time.

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

45gb Blu-ray and a 20gb day 1 patch ?????????

11. Redskinsfan10 thread starter macrumors member

What? Really? Link?

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

13. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

I find it a bit of a scam.

"Hey guys, why don't you pay again for something you used to own since we decided to make our new console incompatible with older games?"

Not that it bothers me. I haven't played Halo since it went Xbox exclusive. But I don't buy remasters because I game on a PC and I'm actually able to play older games.

14. musicpenguy macrumors 6502a

Normally I would agree with you if you played Tomb Raider last year, why buy the same game again this year ...

Halo Collection is an exception - this is a love letter to Halo as much as it can be - all 4 games on one disc; all 4 games lovingly improved for the Xbox One; allowing seamless playlists to jump between all 4 games both in single player and multiplayer. The original Halo finally can be played online. The integrated Halo channel for fans to enjoy bonus video entertainment, a TV show integrated, the beta of Halo 5. All of this an probably some things I'm forgetting for $60.

I've never played a Halo game, but will buy this one; one of the best values released all year long.

15. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Well 1 lovingly improved ..... The others not so much. Had ALL the games received the same treatment as HALO 2 I would jump at this, and likewise feel they were justified in such a big game file size and patch size. As it stands currently with 3 of the games just getting a 1080p res update - I don't understand why its sooooo big, or the excitement for it. As it currently stands I'd rather they release HALO 2 as a single player campaign by itself for €25 than buy the entire collection.

That being said, I'm sure it will be a big big seller for xbox one this year. I will be passing on it - and playing sunset overdrive instead.

16. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Wait what. Aren't they all 1080p?
    This is the game (along with Halo 5) that may tempt me to buy an Xbox One. I'm mildly gutted that they've cut corners with it.

17. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

yeah I meant that the other three in the package were just getting 1080p update, the only one getting re-skinned/re-textured/re-movied is Halo 2.

18. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

That's even worse than I thought. I assumed all of them would have been fully remastered. I'm lost for words on how much of a huge scam this is. This new generation has been let down after let down.

19. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Play Shadow of Mordor instead and restore your faith - it's great ;)

20. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

It is tempting, but I'm partway through Alien Isolation at the moment and am enjoying it immensely. I will certainly pick it up someday, probably in a Steam sale. :)

21. mclld macrumors 68000

This is the most incredible gaming value I have ever seen. One complaint though, 20 gig update on day 1. There will be some pissed off people who are ready to play when they get home with the game

22. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Better than Half Life's Orange Box? £30 (cheaper than this) and 5 full games, one of which is still updated to this day.

Ah cheers MRU. Only enhancing Halo 2 is a huge let down for me. I want to give Halo 3 another go (because I never properly played it) and would love to revisit 4 again... but with nothing new in them I'll wait until there are more games I want for the Xbox before jumping in.

23. mclld macrumors 68000

Yes in my opinion of course, I dont care about Half Life

24. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

What does this mean?

25. mclld macrumors 68000

Seems pretty obvious to me, if it comes to pc he will pick it up during a steam sale