Halo: Master Chief Collection

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by TWO2SEVEN, Jan 7, 2015.

1. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Anyone playing this?

I know it has its problems with matchmaking, etc, but I am really enjoying the nostalgia of the online multiplayer.

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm not much of a Halo player but I was considering buying it but I just started Titanfall and its pretty decent.

Bless

3. mandoman macrumors 6502

mandoman

I recently beat Halo 1:CE from the MCC. Nostalgia factor through the roof indeed!

Haven't dared try multi-player yet since I suck so bad at shooters, but I might try my hand at the Halo 5 Multi-player beta while it is still available.

However, looking like I am going to return my new XB1 for a refund very soon. I get random controller disconnects. I'm on my second new console which didn't fix my problem, and there is no solution from M$ as of yet, so it's going back for refund.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

If I ever get an Xbox One it'll be for this. But given all the problems it has I think I'm best waiting and hoping it comes out on PC.

Halo 1 in co-op is fantastic.

5. TWO2SEVEN thread starter macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I go back and forth online. I have really good games, and ones where I get destroyed. The beta is actually working better than the normal multiplayer for me right now in terms of connecting and finding games.

It's too bad you're having bad luck with the Xbox.

Missing the Halo games it what helped make my decision between the PS4 and XBox 1. I had both last gen, if I get back in to gaming more I may buy the PS4 down the line.

6. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

I'd have rather got the Xbox one and this game, but I'm stuck playing Little Big Planet 3 on the PS4. :(

7. TWO2SEVEN thread starter macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I got LBP for free from Sony (because I worked at GameStop) when it first came out. I could never get in to it.

8. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

I can't stand it, but I have to be the second player for my daughter! Most annoying are the bugs. We have lost our progress a bunch of times.

9. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Gonna wait until I get a Halo Edition XBox One - rumor has it they will release one with Halo 5.

10. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

I gave up on it, though it was the reason I brought an Xbox One in the first place.

Matchmaking aside, just getting through a few levels on co-op online with my brother was a near impossibility. Constantly randomly crashing and deleting progress (why 343 couldn't have included proper checkpointing is beyond me :mad:) and just small stupid things that made me think the disc would serve me better as a coaster (e.g. constantly crashing when I accessed a terminal in CE- WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO IMMEDIATELY LAUNCH WAYPOINT?!).

Support for this game is bollocks as well, the same issues are persistent despite the multiple updates that have been pushed for this game. I shudder to think how much space this is all taking up on my (non-removable or upgradable) HDD as well.

If Sunset Overdrive wasn't so great, I'd have probably sold the Xbox One.

11. TWO2SEVEN thread starter macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

It really is sad that 343 has neglected this release. Maybe once the Halo 5 beta ends they will get this one working.

I need to get Sunset Overdrive from Gamefly next.

12. mandoman macrumors 6502

mandoman

Sunset Overdrive is great, everyone that owns an XB1 should at least try it! It's a really polished game, unlike the buggy mess that is Halo:MCC.

Unfortunately I'll be returning my XB1 due to hardware issues (random controller disconnects). I'll probably pick up again when Halo 5 is released, or perhaps sooner if Scalebound gets killer reviews when that is released.

13. kingc0bra macrumors regular

kingc0bra

Had Sunset Overdrive and got rid of it within a week, the humor is extremely childish and the gameplay is very repetitive

The only reason I got an X1 was for Halo MCC, turned out to be one of the worst decision I have ever made. Thank God for Forza Horizon 2

14. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

Forza Horizon 2 was such a welcome surprise, so much fun.

Gems like this keep my Xbox One around, everything I expected to like like MCC and Titanfall have been crap.

15. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Hows the game running these days, is it fixed now?

16. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

Planning on giving it a go tonight, it'll be interesting to see how much they've fixed in the four months or so since I last played.

That being said, when I checked the recent update on 343, the list of fixes was still considerable.

Also FWIW: ODST codes should now be in your messages if you played MCC online during the launch window.

17. TWO2SEVEN thread starter macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

How has it been lately?