Halo on a mac

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Ajax, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Ajax macrumors newbie

Ajax

I just ordered my mac last night (white 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB memory, 80GB hard drive, Double-layer SuperDrive) and I want to put halo on it. I know there is a mac version, but I also ordered parallels software. As the PC version of Halo is $10 cheaper, I was wondering if buying halo (pc) and running in parallels would be slower than just buying the mac version. thanks!

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

You will not be able to run Halo in parallels, as parallels does not emulate a graphics card. You will have to buy the Mac OS X version if you want to play it.

3. Ajax thread starter macrumors newbie

Ajax

so you couldn't play any games in parallels then?

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

You cannot play any 3D games in parallels, no.

5. Ajax thread starter macrumors newbie

Ajax

but you can play games using boot camp, right?

oh, another parallels question. does it only work with the "new" versions of windows? (win 2000, win me, win xp...) or could i run it with win 98?

6. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

Yes, boot camp is great for games. But don't forget, you still have to buy a copy of Windows.

7. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Yes, boot camp you can play 3D games on.

You can use windows 98 (it even supports windows 3.11).

8. user13 macrumors regular

user13

You shouldn't discard Parallels here at once. In fact their new release will have 3d support, it means that it will be possible to run games, if you have sufficient memory for that. I hope their new release will come out this summer. I'm really waiting for this graphics support