Halo - White box appears in bottom left

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by ThurstonSmalley, Nov 15, 2008.

1. ThurstonSmalley macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I'm new to Halo and I just installed it today. However, I'm already having problems- a white box appears in the bottom left corner of the screen where, I assume, the radar or map is supposed to appear. Also, from the point that this appears on the screen (from the middle of the very first level) whenever I'm hit the whole screen goes white for a period of a little more than a second.

[​IMG]

I'm running the non-universal binary version on my new MacBook Pro. Could anyone help me to rectify this problem?

2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

I think that's an issue specifically with the non-UB version, there's not much you can do about it except upgrade to the full game.

3. Zortrium macrumors 6502

I ran into that problem on my C2D iMac and I was unable to fix it via any sort of graphics-setting wrangling or reinstalling the game - the only fix I found was upgrading to the UB version.

4. ThurstonSmalley thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, I guess I'll just have to upgrade. At least it will, on top of actually letting me play the game uninhibited, give me the speed increases associated with not having to run Rosetta... Thanks for the help.

5. Xavier macrumors 68020

5 dollars to use the radar. I think the upgrade was only that much

6. grimreaper1377 macrumors regular

7. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

Here.

--Eric

8. Kosh66 macrumors 6502

Ooohhh, I didn't know the UB of Halo was still available. I gotta download that and compare to Halo 3 I'm playing on the Xbox 360. I miss playing Halo on the Mac, especially the warthogs and tanks.